Thursday, August 21, 2008

Firsts

Today is the first day I've walked on campus as a faculty member and not as a student. I am currently sitting in my office which has high ceilings a view of the trees outside through two lovely tall windows and I've just said goodbye to an old friend with whom I will be sharing space.

I'm on campus today to get trained on some of the campus technology, or at least that is the reason I've told my family, but today is an acclimating day. A day where I find some sort of solid ground, the beginning of roots, in this my new life.

I gaze at the maple standing outside my window and I yearn to exist as it does, sturdy, tall, and aspiring ever upwards and outwards. It is my wish that I extend myself gracefully into this new earth, this dawning opportunity, and realize it's potential like the trembling excitement of a breeze through leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment