Sunday, May 18, 2014

Promise-ary Note: Prankin'

This is Cheilsey.

Cheilsey is a nice girl.  A hard-working, studious undergraduate with a mischievous streak.  I work with Cheilsey, and I have often been the brunt of this young lady's shenanigans.  Whether it is falling prey to phone stunts, or begin scared out of my wits as she sneaks up on me in the back office, Cheilsey has had the upper hand in the prank war.

This week's promise was this:


Cheilsey was my first thought, the obvious choice.  The only question remained...how?

I thought for days.  I researched practical jokes on the internet, but a lot of what I found was either messy, dangerous, costly/time-consuming, or just plain mean.  So, I was on my own.

I thought about contacting my friend Jeremy and asking him to save all the popcorn from his movie theater so I could fill her car with old popcorn, but then I worried about the oils and things ruining the upholstery of her car.  Finally, I settled on biodegradable packing peanuts.  I knew Cheilsey's schedule, so I went to two local Uhaul companies and bought them out of packing peanuts.  In all, I scored 8 bags of them.

The only thing left to do was to enlist some co-workers' help in scoring her keys and keeping her busy.  On Saturday, that's just what I did.  After getting one of the fellow servers to grab her keys, I began the process of filling her car.


The eight bags didn't get the car as full as I wanted, but they definitely covered some good area of her car.  The picture above is when I am almost done filling it.  I've filled both the passenger seat and the driver's seat with enough peanuts to fill the areas below the windows.  This will allow Cheilsey to get close enough to the car without realizing immediately what has happened.

I tagged the dishwasher with the task of making sure he snaps a picture of her when she goes out to her car.  Lucky me, she went out shortly after I left in order to fetch some chapstick.  The dishwasher snapped this video.


There is really no rhyme or reason to this week's promise.  It's simply an excuse to go out and have some fun.  To relax and enjoy my friendships.  I had a ball thinking of ways I could get little Cheilsey.  She was a great sport about it.

Although her last words to me that day were, "Prank war initiated."  I may have updates on that front later.

For this next week?  The promises continue to be about hanging out and having a good time.


It's Memorial Day weekend, and we are headed to the beach!  Looks like Tracy and I are going to sneak away for a bit and cut a rug.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment