Monday, March 26, 2007

Deadlines Encroaching

Every time I think I am a little bit ahead, I'm not. I just looked at my packet deadlines for my next exchange with Pete and it is a week from this Wednesday. I am so behind in my reading it is ridiculous. I haven't even finished a single book let alone the required three. I am going to have to spend every free moment I have sitting down with a book, writing my commentaries and revising my story so that I will have everything done in time. Spring semester sucks in comparison with Winter.

I feel really good about the creative work that I've been doing. Well, in the fact that there is creative work being done but I know that the level of my writing has dropped a bit from where I was after working with John. It doesn't have anything to do with my advisor, just where I am in life and with my approach to the page. I'm hoping that I will hit another growth spurt here and crash through into another level of understanding.

I guess I should be used to this as my learning plateaus for a while and then I have an "Aha" moment where things all of a sudden become clearer. I just haven't had one of those in a while and I fell like I'm treading water waiting for inspiration to throw me a life preserver. Work has upped the pressure and their expectations of me lately and I'm having a hard time keeping up with the tasks they have set out for me so far.

Head down, muscle through, Kyle. Life is what you make it and I'm willing to fight for the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment