Friday, March 30, 2007

A Moment of Peace

The week is over and I am appreciating TGIF. I just sent my packet out to my advisor and I have one weekend of freedom before the cycle starts all over again. I came to the realization this week that I need to afford myself a little more time to enjoy my life. I have been pushing so hard to be better, faster, harder, stronger and I find that the cost of this is too much. I felt like I was missing out on the early days of Shea's development and quality time with my wife, supporting her and making sure that she felt loved and desired.

Well, I met my deadline, five days early, and now I am taking this weekend to celebrate all the beautiful things in my life: my wife, my daughter, my home and my health. I can't expect myself to maintain inspiration and creativity if I am just a work-a-day schmuck. I have been allowing myself to be too driven. I really wanted to write something deep and profound here about what I am feeling and planning for the weekend but to be honest...I don't have it in me right now. So, I will bid you adieu until Monday where I hope you will find me revived and celebrating this lovely thing we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment