Saturday, March 7, 2009

Exhale

The day is grey, which is perfect for late morning lounging and a single cup of coffee enjoyed over the space of an hour. It's a no-rush-sweatpants-wearing-carpet-sprawled-color-crayon-playing kind of morning. We're moving at the speed of glaciers. Even our conversation seems slowed to the speed of tree sap oozing. It's lovely.

Shea maintains her attention for long periods of time this morning. She must feel grounded, settled-in, with both her parents sitting next to her, each armed with a coloring book all their own. I'm cheating a little bit, coloring the pages of Writer's Digest. She wants me to color and I do, I simply chose my medium wisely and I glance through the pages and chuckle at the absurdity of some of the writing advice.

All can say is...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment