Monday, March 2, 2009

A Prolonged Absence

I've been slacking on updating the blog and found it whispering my name as I prepared for another bar shift. Things have been hectic over the last couple of days. The job I thought would never be has reasserted itself and with a deadline looming only two weeks away. I'm in the process of chasing down reference letters, teaching philosophies and trying to formulate a class syllabus. All of this is in the midst of my classes handing in their first graded assignment. I only have 11 essays left to grade and then I am free to focus.

I find myself sinking down into a kind of calm that belies my current obligations. It is the advent of creation. I can feel it. The juices have been stewing under the surface and are about to spring forth. I can't wait. I know that I will get home tonight and set to it, fingers to keyboard, searching for that entrance into what can only be expressed as joy finding a voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment