Thursday, March 5, 2009

An Awkward Situation

What do you do when you have information from one source that effects another?

How do you handle the balancing of confidences?

I had a conversation this morning with the person with whom the conflict originates. I am an outsider, someone who was involved only by way of solicited advice, but I heard a retelling of events that wasn't true by someone else outside the situation. They asked me not to repeat it.

Well, I didn't repeat it outside of the affected party. I told her of the miscommunication, of how I had heard misinformation being spread about her. She was relieved to find out that I had corrected the information, put the interested party on the right track and avoided a larger snafu regarding her professional life. Things should be cleared up now but I am still nervous that I've somehow painted myself into a corner and will soon have to experience the backlash of a conflict that has nothing to do with me.

Let's hope not. Sorry to be so vague.

No comments:

Post a Comment