Thursday, August 4, 2011

An Object at Rest

I have strep throat.  I have strep throat and I've been required to stay home and rest for the last two days.  It's been a LONG time since that has happened.  I've been dedicated to work, to family, to everything else I've chosen to prioritize. 

It's been nice. 

If you take away the body aches and my throat feeling like acid, it's been really nice.  I've watched like four films.  Small ones.  Independent films.  I haven't read a single student paper and I haven't served a single person a drink.  I've had some quiet times in the evening with my family, but otherwise I've been alone. 

I used to laze away weekends watching movies.  I used to laze about and read, write, and do nothing.  I almost can't tell you the last time I did nothing.  I'm feeling better.  The aches are gone, the throat is still scratchy, but my head feels clear.  Sometimes you have to love being forced to stop.

1 comment:

  1. "Sometimes you have to love being forced to stop." Good outlook.

    ReplyDelete