Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Nanowrimo - Crushed Momentum

I had what I felt was a great writing day.  It was so good in fact that I was going to leave after dinner and everyone was settled in bed, but this didn't work out.  The priorities of the other parts of my life intruded.  I realized that I had to review some student papers for a lesson plan, read a manuscript for my senior thesis student, and be available for my family.  I have a wife who was exhausted (woken twice in the night by a screaming child with nightmares) and a sick child (who coughed so much she actually threw up twice this evening). 

Sometimes the energy simply dissipates a little.  As you can see by the time of the blog post, the hour is slipping into the late evening and energy is slipping fast.  I'll simply have to recapture the flow tomorrow.

Starting Manuscript Word Count: 15,985
Daily Word Count: 2005
Ending Manuscript Word Count:17,987
Favorite Sentence/Sentences (Not sure if the joke works, but I'll try it out here):
“It really was a nice party,” Carol said and peered at a photo of Sarah’s cake smeared face. “You did a nice job, Cassie.”
“You did most of it,” Cassie said, redirecting the compliment.
“I’m sorry I missed it,” Oliver said, repeating his earlier apology. Dillon didn’t even try to mask his snort. “I am,” Oliver insisted.
“Whatever, man,” Dillon said, “if you wanted to be here, you would have been here.”
“You’re right. Why wouldn’t I want to come home to this? It’s so much fun.”
“It’s not about fun. It’s your niece’s birthday party.”
Cassie snorted at this and Dillon glared at her until he realized his mistake.

1 comment:

  1. Wait to stick to it anyway, and still be there for your family!

    ReplyDelete