Thursday, September 27, 2007

Almost Spilling Over

As I was sitting in the hospital cafeteria working on my computer, I got a flash of nausea that slowly worked its way up my throat and almost made me spill out all over the table. I held it down but was surprised by the reaction. I had gotten a serving of fried rice from an upscale grocery store on my way to the hospital and it was NOT sitting right with me. I felt like a bloated whale. I couldn't really think and I started to break out in an oily sweat. It was terrible.

I got in my car and drove myself home where I immediately crawled into bed and fell asleep. I got a lot of rest for me and I feel really good today. There has been no evidence of stomach trouble at all today and I wonder if my body wasn't just telling me to take the night off, to leave it alone and to shut down for an evening. Well, I can say that I feel better as a result of a good night's rest and I awoke before my wife woke me (our routine schedule for mornings). I feel like I lost some good time but, in the end, I got what I needed out of the evening, a chance to relax, rest and dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment