Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shmoozing

The MFA department asked me to come to a recruitment meeting at Marylhurst University. It was a small informal meeting held in a classroom of the main building on their campus. In total, there were six people there, two of whom are faculty. Collene, the assistant director of Pacific's MFA program, and I answered questions about the nature of the program, the interactions with faculty, publishing, cost, etc. I noticed that the two Marylhurst faculty members were nodding a lot when I spoke. They asked questions about my TA experience, about how I run a classroom, which seemed odd for an MFA meeting.

Afterward, I talked to both of them and they asked me to send along my CV. It seems that they may have some adjunct work. It just goes to show, it's not what you know, but who.

No comments:

Post a Comment