Saturday, January 10, 2009

Residency - Day Two - Intrigue

It's odd being inside the cabal of people who orchestrate the residency. There are maneuvers and egos on this side of the residency. I was always pleasantly unaware of the intrigues that occured inside the residency walls and it is hard to see some of the things that happen while the students aren't looking.

There are an infinite number of concessions that need to happen in order for all of the professionals to be satisfied and I'm amazed at what these people expect from the staff of a program like this.

I've spent the last two hours on a book hunt (one of the author's books didn't arrive) and composing emails to said author to try and repair some of the damage that was done as a result. It isn't a good situation. But, the staff is trying their hardest to repair what was done and I'm going to have to commit seppuku tonight at the introductions. I don't mind. The program should apologize for their oversight and, as the mouthpiece, I will do so with as much grace and sincerity as is possible. Taking one for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment