Saturday, March 26, 2011

Let It Begin.

Today marks the first event in the string of events that will lead up to my brother's wedding.  Tracy and I are co-hosting the event with my other brother and his wife.  It makes me both joyous and a little sad that may brother is getting married.  Not because of him and her, but of what it means.  It means that all three of us Lang boys have crossed that threshold. 

I've been asked to officiate the ceremony and I'm having a hard time coming up with stuff to write.  It isn't that I don't have material, it's that I have too much.  This is my brother and his lovely fiance, Amy, we're talking about.  There are too many things to say, too many wonderful connections/threads I could follow that would honor them in one way or another. 

I'm hoping that tonight will find me surrounded by friends and family and something will click, the beginning of a theme or trope that will help me unite their ceremony into a singular expression of love and adoration.  Both them for each other, but also all of us for the both of them. 

Let's get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment