Saturday, September 3, 2011

Moving Day

The day began in a bluster of activity as Tracy and I got in our cars and headed over to her parents' house for moving day.  Tracy's parents have lived in the same house for 41 years.  It was going to be a big day.

I am so incredibly grateful for my friends.  They are life savers.  Three of our friends gave up an entire day, 9 am to 6 pm, to help us.  We had three trucks, a Tahoe, a minivan, a Volvo, and a thirty foot flatbed trailer.  We moved almost everything out of the 1700 square feet of their house in the space of two loads.  We disconnected gas ranges/ovens, took out dishwashers, moved a fridge and a freezer, patio furniture, porch swings, sofas, china hutches, buffets, rugs, end tables, bed, bed frames, etc.

This wouldn't have been possible without the strong backs of some close friends.  They "lifted" the burden off the shoulders of Tracy and I.  I will forever be grateful for that.  Thank you, friends.  You know who you are. 

Now, we dine.  Tracy and I are taking ourselves out to a really nice dinner.  We will have appetizers and martinis, extravagant entrees and wine.  We will relax and try to forget the stress of the day.  As my daughter would say, Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment