Friday, October 7, 2011

Saved Blog Posts

I don't know what's going on with me recently, but I've found myself engaging in a lot of self censorship.  I've been saving my blog posts instead of posting them.  I'll admit there have been a couple of occasions where the post was incomplete and I didn't post it, but there were other times when I simply found myself debating whether or not I should put my content out there into the ether.

This blog is an experiment for me.  Blog posts are supposed to be unbridled bursts of writing and not my revised work.  My blogs are meant to be written in the span of 15 minutes or so, with no real chance for the editor to get in the way, but I'm finding my editor everywhere these days.  He's editing my lesson plans, my verbal speech, the content of the weddings I perform.  He's everywhere and I'm listening to him.

That's not the point of this place.

I'm going to try and be better about writing and posting in the coming weeks.  I'm not going to hold those posts back in the saved post limbo from which it is rare for a post to ever escape.  I'm going to write in my bursts, reserved for a small observation, and then I'm just going to send it out there and see what happens.

Wish me luck.

1 comment: