Monday, January 2, 2012

The End of Vacation

I've been indulging myself for weeks now.  It's begun to show in my waistline and my writing time.  The last couple of weeks have been hectic with a vacation, the holidays, and family time, but I have no excuse for not coming to the page sooner. 

I will say that the last couple of weeks feel like I've been "filling the hopper" as one of my former teachers once said.  I've been out in the world, living, enjoying, playing, being a person, and it has been wonderful.  As the holiday vacation begins to wind to a close, I find myself thinking about work.  About my work and wondering what the next step will be.  I have yet to revisit many of the pages I wrote during Nanowrimo and I hear the faint call of Willy, John, Katie and Misty beckoning me back into their lives.  I've heard them having conversations like hearing their voices from another room and I know I must return.

I also need to work on an article/post about my experiences with Nanowrimo for a friend.  There are a ton of opportunities for me to revisit the page right now, so I can't wait to get the new year started by typing out the first few lines here on the blog. 

In the coming days/weeks, I'll be posting about my vacation to Disneyland, the holidays, and other experiences, but for now I return to my life for a scant few more hours of delicious vacation.

1 comment:

  1. OOh, you must have read my mind. A) I was just missing your blog bigtime, B) I was just thinking about the guest blog post, and C) I've been wondering, oh, for like two weeks, how excited Shea was when Dubmo waited at her front door! Can't wait...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete