Thursday, July 12, 2007

One Step Closer

Having come to the library for the first time in about two weeks, I was nervous about what I was going to be able to get done tonight. I realized that I had left all of my reference books at home when I pulled into the parking lot but decided not to go back for them and to focus on what I could do this evening.

Well, I really couldn't have asked for a better arrangement because without my reference books I was left with only organizing my thoughts and I have now completed a four page outline for my 15 page paper that is due in two weeks. Normally I am not an outline kind of guy but my essay topic was beginning to get too large for me to hold in my head and by outlining it like I did tonight I am free from having to remember it all and I have a framework that I can work inside of now.

It is very exciting. I just wanted to rant for a moment about my bookish moment of victory!

And I will leave you with a quote that I think will make it to my essay. I love it.

"Every man feels instinctively that all the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action." - James Russell Lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment