Friday, July 6, 2007

Way too long.

So it has been way too long since I have thought of my poor neglected blog. I apologize for not posting over the last couple of weeks but life has been CRAZY. It has been so in the best possible way.

It started with house hunting, of which we found the one we have been looking for and we signed the offer agreement the night before I left for 10 days.

The 10 days that followed were brain-crunching full residency days filled with my literary friends, too much thinking about writing (not enough doing), visitations by T and S and the inevitable crash of a highly inspired week coming to a close so that I can return and make cold calls.

Our house is in shambles, boxes everywhere! My ability to string two words together to form a comprehensive sentence has been nil but I know in four days I will be living in my new home, content with my wife and child, loving the space and the comfort this home will afford me.

I think that is mainly what is different for me about this house that the previous one didn't have going for it. The first house I saw as T and I's launching off point, the point with which we would gain the necessary momentum with which to launch our family and now that we are moving into this house, I can see YEARS of happiness coming down the pipe at us. I can see us walking the same hallways, no need for lights, jumping up the stairs with ease and seeing the marks on the wall that will show S's steady increase in height and age.

I am excited for this. But I promise you this. This I promise you! I am done with major life changing events after this move. I am tired and I want to rest and so I am going to be content and happy in my now for a while, in my here, in my place, in my home that I share with my beautiful family.

I'll try and write more later that will describe some of the amazing things that I have learned and experienced over the last couple of weeks, but for now...love ya and I'll talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment