Monday, August 6, 2007

Where does the Time Go?

So, here I sit again on a Monday morning, wondering where the time has gone. With all my plans to focus on my essay, get some reading done and to mow my lawn, I have accomplished one. I got a little bit of reading done this weekend. I wonder how to be better at utilizing my time. I have my scheduled moments where I can focus but it isn't enough.

My mind is consumed with ideas for stories but I don't seem to find, or make, the time to get my butt in the seat. It has been bouncing around my head for a while now and I think it is time I committed to writing every day. I don't see how there is any other way to become committed to the craft. I have to have my butt in this seat every day.

So, whether it be this blog, a story, my essay, or some other piece of writing (poetry has recently become intriguing) I need to get my but in the seat every day. I think I shall start small and only ask myself for fifteen minutes. When blocked out like that it seems such a paltry amount of time. I can find fifteen minutes. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment