Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bittersweet Anniversary

So today is my third wedding anniversary and I am very excited to talk to my wife tonight over a very nice dinner. Grandma and Grandpa are coming over to babysit so that Tracy and I can get out of dodge and have a nice dinner amongst ourselves.

Here's the problem...

I just found out that my employment is not as steady as I was hoping. The company has been in a downturn and as the part time sales guy I might be the first to go. I noticed the reluctance in my boss' voice when I talked to him earlier today and it troubled me. So, I called him back and asked some very pointed questions as to what the current reality was in our company. He finally caved and filled me in. He is a very nice guy and he is very nervous about the whole deal but I told him that he had to just come out and tell me about these things so that I wouldn't be blindsided by the whole ordeal.

So, it looks like I am going to try and find some part time work in the meantime. I mean, why not switch positions if my job is unsteady and I don't like it anyway, right? Well, my wife's job isn't exactly untouchable right now either. There have been major layoffs at her work and she is nervous that she might be on the chopping block. I don't know what the future will bring but it is going to be interesting to find out. I need to allow myself the ability to have life change on me and not send me spiraling into a pit of self-doubt and despair. This one should be crazy though if any of this comes to light.

No comments:

Post a Comment