Thursday, October 11, 2007

Packet is in the mail

I completed a full revision of my story and my essay last night and have shipped it off to my advisor for review. I am so thrilled. I can't believe this is my fourth packet, one or two more to go and the semester is over!!! Then, I will only be one semester away from graduating! I can't believe it.

Anyway, the revision process felt really good this time around. It wasn't a full re-envisioning of a story but there were some definite deep dives into the imagination to round out the characters I had created. I found that I fell deeper and deeper in love with them in this process. The father in my story, who was a hard-nosed kind of guy in the initial version softened and become more real in this process. The teenager, Jack, became something a little more adult, a little more sensitive, a little more realized in this draft of the story.

I'm proud of myself for buckling down over the last week and a half and really working my ass off to get all of this done. I'm hoping that the packet will be back by Monday, I'm dying to know if I am off the hook as far as the essay is concerned. I shouldn't say it that way "off the hook" because the process was very educational and beneficial to my writing but I have been working on it now for something like four months, more than that because I started formulating it last semester so it has been a six month essay. Yikes. I'm ready to lay that baby to rest.

Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment