Saturday, February 15, 2014

Promise-ary Note: Rebooting Motivation for Promise #6

For those unfamiliar with my promise challenge, revisit 52 Promises.

Thanks for all the posts and private messages this week, folks.  I have decided to put the novel outline back in the promise bucket and to draw a new one for this week.  In addition, I will be simply choosing a week in the future where I can complete two promises within reason.

When I reached into the promise bucket, my hand immediately fell upon this:


I can't think of a more appropriate promise than this.  After a tough week where I had to say goodbye to a family member, I could use some meditation.  I used to have a somewhat regular meditation practice when I was younger.  I've lost track of the regular practice and it is something I think would be positive to revisit.  After this week, I think a little mental silence, a. little stillness, and a little focus on breath will be just what the doctor ordered.

When I drew this, I sighed one of those big shoulder-lifting cleansing breaths.  The idea of this feels like sliding into warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment