Sunday, October 24, 2010

Dance

Lately, I've been on a pop/R&B/rap kick.  I'd like to say I don't understand it, but I know exactly why I've been listening to this type of music.

I LOVE TO DANCE.

Trust me when I say this is not the most comfortable admission for a married, 30-something, white boy father.  I don't have moves.  I'm not altogether graceful, but what I don't have in natural ability I make up for in joy.  That's right...joy.  It brings me joy to dance.  I've been CRAVING a wedding lately.  I want someone to get married so I have an excuse to get out there and dance.

I'm sitting here right now listening to "4 minutes" by Madonna, Justin Timberlake, and Timbaland.  I have them on headphones so the rest of the house doesn't wake up, but I have the volume cranked and I got the head bobbing, the foot jumping and I feel like I could be compelled out of my seat at any moment.  I could stop writing in the middle of a sentence to go bust a...

2 comments:

  1. JJJJJJust DAncE! LeT ThaT ReCorD PlaaaY.... JJJJJJust DanCE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question... yes... Mildly buzzed and appropriately if not somewhat artificially - Joyful!

    Seahag out.

    ReplyDelete