Saturday, April 14, 2007

What a great day!

So the day turned out to fulfill my every expectation. Tracy and I jumped in the car sometime after one and headed downtown. We had no agenda except to get out of the house. We walked through downtown. It was interesting to watch people crane their necks to get a peek at Shea inside her stroller. We haven't had that reaction from strangers before and it was so nice to see people just interested in Shea. We held hands, got a coffee drink, shared a Rice Krispie Treat and walked through the city full of sunshine. It may sound like a cliche or something out of a terrible romantic comedy but it was true as life and I really enjoyed myself.

We came home, ordered out from our favorite Italian restaurant, brought the food home and now we are waiting for Shea to eat and fall asleep and then we will watch a movie together and go to bed early. I can't tell you how wonderful a weekend this has been. We have stayed home, watched movies, got some basic tasks off the to-do list and hung out the three of us. I am so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment