Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Drunkening

I behaved like a fool last night. My wife threw a party for me for my birthday and everyone showed up late. In the space between when people were due to arrive and when they did (an hour and a half), I started my first cocktail.

The evening went fine, people did show up, and we had a nice dinner with good friends. I never stopped making cocktails though. In the end, I went to the bar I work at and had more beers and a couple of shots. The night feels like a blur. I couldn't even hold a coherent conversation, or at least I don't feel like I did.

I'm not accustomed to drinking like that and I've felt like shit all day. I'm going to have to go to work in an hour and see my coworkers. I really hope I didn't do anything dumb. If I did, I'm sure I'll hear about it.

Oh, well, let's just chalk it up to blowing off steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment