Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Running the Numbers

Today's been an eventful day and so as I sit here in the living room looking back on everything that's happened, I thought I'd run the numbers.

Number of facial bruises Shea picked up tripping face first into Tracy's cubicle at work: 1
Number of poopy pants from Shea's diarrhea farts: 4
Number of people we waited behind to see Santa: 40-ish
Number of good photos we got taken with Santa this year: 2
Number of times Shea told Tracy and I that she loved us: 15 or so
Number of times Shea said, "This sucker tastes like starlight": 2
Number of hours home alone where I got to play with Shea: 4
The amount of times I would trade this day for another: 0

"You and Me Day" was a resounding success today.  Notice that I only say this now that Shea's gone to bed and I have a moment alone to think without scooping poop from a tiny butt crack.  The trade off of parenthood is facing these challenges with poise and composure.  The joy is that the moment those challenges are over, we are still faced with our greatest love.  Our greatest treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment