Sunday, December 26, 2010

Twas the Night Before Surgery.

Twas the night before surgery and all through the house, the family was ascurry even the louse. 
He was nervous and jumpy and a little bit frightened, it felt like his senses were electrically heightened. 
The dog lapped at her bowl with wet slobbery sounds and the wife had all the laundry piled in mounds. 
The bags were all packed and sitting by the door, the husband was hoping for a night without her snores. 
He found himself confronted with that nemesis, that mage, the frightening canvas of the white gaping page. 
The child was cuddled all snug in her bed, and the father's stomach sunk deeply like a cold piece of lead. 
So as the night marched on in an endless series of ticks, the dog sensed my nerves and gave me some licks.
Soon I'll lay my head down and try for some sleep, and hope that the spirits will tend to my peeps.

1 comment: