Monday, March 17, 2014

Husband Notes: One Proud Spouse


In a marriage, it is easy to begin to assume certain things about your spouse.  After you've been together for a decade, you think you know the person better than they know themselves.  I was recently proved wrong in this regard, and I found myself swelling with pride at the person I thought I knew.

Don't get me wrong, my wife is amazing.  There is no doubt about that.  What surprised me though was a recent situation she had at work.  It's not my place to go into the details of the situation, but I can tell you this.  Tracy got the job done!!!

Tracy's work made a decision she didn't agree with. She took the risk and explained her point of view to the big bosses and they sided with her.  What surprised me is this: my wife isn't one for confrontation.  She isn't one to buck rank and go against the higher ups.  She believes in hard work and she'll put her head down and get the job done if they ask her to do so.  This time she surprised us all and stood up for what she believed to be a better corporate decision.

Image Source

And that's where my lovely wife won the day.

She went to the big bosses with perfectly logical and well-reasoned explanations for why they should reverse their course of action.  She framed her point of view in terms of the company's bottom line and operational capacities, and the big bosses backed her up all the way.  Not only did they side with her decision, but they took extra action that eased the workload on my wife.

She did all of this while remaining calm, focused, and determined.  She amazes me, and I'm proud to call her my wife.  I know my wife, but there are still moments where she catches me off guard and shows me that she's still got some tricks up her sleeve.  She's still got that feminine mystery that keeps me coming back for more.

When she's all strong and confident like this?  Well, that girl is HOT!


1 comment: