Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Calendars

I've never been the most organized of people.  Some in my family might even say I am flighty.   Well, for the first time in my life I'm working personal calendars.  I have my schedule set up in Google Calendars to email me reminders of when I am supposed to be where.  I have commute times in there, workout sessions, grading periods, prep times, and scheduled family times and dates.  It's a necessary evil.

I'm heading into one of the busiest times I've ever had.  Four different classes with four different preps.  Drafts of essays, final drafts, blog posts and reading commentaries are all going to begin streaming across my desk.  Preps, re-reading texts, and in-class exercises are all going to start piling up.

In an effort to keep up I've scheduled my life away.  I've scheduled play time, writing time, drive time, workout time, and family time.  It's a new sensation for me and I'm already bristling under the weight of it.  It started yesterday.

I'll do my best to keep up with the calendar, with the schedule, but I make no guarantees.  Tick, tock...oh yeah, I forgot to schedule sleep...tick, tock...

No comments:

Post a Comment