Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's just too big!!!

Okay, first of all, get your mind out of the gutter.  Second, I'm talking about my perspective.  Lately I have been driving myself insane about food and environment issues.  Today, I sat in the Taylor-Meade auditorium and listened to two speakers from opposing sides of the issue give their perspectives and answer questions.  The result?

It's all too big.  I can't get my mind around it.  I listened to both sides with equal parts concentration and interest, but I found myself wandering back to my office afterward in a daze.  I opened my vegetarian lunch and began surfing the web a bit.  I hit Google up for some local news on my hometown and I was surprised at all the information it brought back to me. 

Well, this led to a thought.  What if I narrow my perspective a bit?  I can't think globally, hell, I can barely find my keys half the time, but I can think locally.  I can think in terms of my community.  I can think of the activities, the politics, and the capacities of my own town, my own county, my own region.  I need to find a way to turn my passions into action and I think the only way to do that is to "think small."

No comments:

Post a Comment