Sunday, August 29, 2010

Like an Old Shoe

I worked all weekend at the Wild Hare.  Friday night was a big concert night with the South Carolina band "Sunny Ledford" playing and Saturday night featured "Rodeo Rose".  It's been a while since I've been behind the bar on big nights like these, but it felt natural.  It felt right.  There are many times when I'm behind the bar having fun that I wonder why I am so career motivated.  I enjoy bartending a lot of the time.  I enjoy moving, being with people, and "hosting" the party.  There's something about it thought that always made me feel like it wasn't enough.  Something that made me think that it wasn't a legitimate career.  I think it was more about the way other people viewed the job more than the way I did.

So, it's nice to get back in the "pits" and sling a few drinks.  I had a really good time when I wasn't stressing out.  But that's all part of the deal, the stress is the fun, and the fun eliminates the stress.  What a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment