Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Daughter's Speech Impediment

My daughter says "cock" a lot.  It isn't what you think.  Quite the opposite in fact, but it is becoming a little troublesome.  Well, it would be if it wasn't so funny. 

My mother watches my daughter a couple times a week and today I arrived at her house to find her coaching Shea.  "No, no.  T-t-t.  Can you say your t's?  T-t-t-trrrrrr-uck."

Shea must have seen me pull up to the driveway in my green Ford Ranger.  She loves Daddy's "Truck".  I think it is because she gets to sit in the front seat of the truck and look out the windshield that makes it so appealing, but there is little way to tell at this point. 

When I walk into my mother's kitchen I find her schooling my daughter on her hard "T" sounds.  It's a humorous little moment.  My mom exaggerating her tongue to show Shea where it is placed.  But my daughter keeps saying "cock" and laughing hysterically.  This is the wall we often run into with her.  We try and correct a behavior, or teach her something new and she simply repeats things in the old way and laughs, and laughs, and laughs.

I can't help but chuckle alongside her half the time and I often get into trouble.  Tracy, my wife gets frustrated some times, but, hey, I figure I'm the one who drives the "cock."  And, no, I don't mean it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment