Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last Day

I didn't expect it to happen, but it did.  My morning writing class, the one with only three or four students who attend, met for the last time today.  I'm allowing them to send me their final drafts via email and so there is no need to meet. 

Over the course of the summer I have found it exceedingly difficult to get through to this group.  They are bright enough, but they seem apathetic at times, disconnected from their own journey through school and life.  I don't know what I would have done without Student #1.  He was a godsend and saved the class on more than one occasion by being willing to speak up.

So, I say goodbye to WR 121 until it begins again in late fall.  I have a bunch of new ideas for the next time I teach it and I look forward to a new batch of students.  Hopefully the next group will be more ambitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment