Monday, August 2, 2010

A New Day

I've decided that the blog might just be the worthwhile enterprise I've always hoped it would be.  I am going to start using it in my class and ask the students to all engage in the process of blogging.  This will allow me to very quickly get them thinking about the idea of audience and purpose.  It also got me thinking about the fact that I don't do enough writing of my own in this regard.

I often think of ideas that I would love to jot down and get out into the world but I always felt I needed to do it in a formal essay.  In the modern age, this isn't the case.  I am free to expound on the blog, to rant and rage.  This is the type of writing I need to do.  I need to get all of this stuff out of the way so that I can get to the more delicate forms of writing that take a little more finesse and dedication to revision and process.  I'm excited to be embarking on this new voyage.

Also, I'm going to make the blog a little bit more about my life as it really is.  I've renamed my blog WTF, which is a nod to a former mentor, but it stands for "Writing.  Teaching.  Family."  These tend to be the contours of my life at the moment and I want to give a nod to the reality that is my everyday existence.  So, here's to the new experiment.  Onward and Upward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment