Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Return to Campus

Even as I took my first steps onto campus, I felt the comfort and the relief I feel in this place.  I love Pacific University.  I can't help it.  There is something about this place that brings me the deepest comfort.  I'm sitting in my office right now and I'm typing with my sunglasses on.  The sun is above me, warming me in my office.  The trees are lush and green outside my office and there is a bustle around campus as the newly arrived freshmen are beginning to make themselves at home.  It's a wondrous time, a burst of life and energy and it reminds me why I love my job.  Even more...why I love my life.  It's an honor and a privilege to teach here.  It's an honor and a privilege to meet and know these students.  I am blessed and I must always keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment