Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Around the House

Lately, I have felt the house encroaching on my ability to get things done.  It is a feeling that keeps me away from the keyboard and searching through cupboards trying to clear out some kind of empty space.  I have recently gotten rid of a garbage bag full of clothes, three boxes of books, a garbage bag full of dog toys, and many other redundant and useless things in my house.

The thing that always results from this kind of cleaning is that I know have a to-do list a mile long now that we've been able to find some of our "long lost" stuff.  I have been importing cds into iTunes for about three days now.  It's not an activity that takes a long time in terms of sustained concentration, but I do have to keep an eye on the computer and keep paying attention to when it makes that little dinging sound. 

So, basically, as you can see, I've been making excuses to walk away from the keyboard.  That walking away has led to sentences like the first one in this paragraph.  "So, basically, as you can see"?!  Are you kidding me?  What happened to brevity and conciseness?  I haven't been practicing my craft and as a result there is clutter in the cupboard.

The next step?  The next thing on my to-do list?  It is to sit down in front of this computer and practice getting rid of some of the clutter I'm finding there.  An exercise is reduction is always time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment