Monday, November 21, 2011

Nanowrimo - Day Twenty One (Playing Catch up)

So the weekend found me totally neglecting the novel.  I didn't write on Saturday or Sunday and now I find myself sucking tailpipe on the word count.  I'm working on not allowing my anxiety to get the best of me, but only allowing it to invite me back to the seat where I can write poorly.  That's the thing that is, in the end, allowing me to come back and hammer out a bunch of words.  I can write poorly.  I'm not overthinking anything, but dancing a lonely tango with my laptop.

I came home from work and immediately set out to play catch up.  I need to get back to grading papers tonight, but I was able to get 2,103 words in before the family came home.  I will work on getting back to it tonight too.  Wish me luck.  The next couple of days are going to feel like a sprint. 

Word Count: 2,103
Total Word Count: 32,830
Sample Sentence/Sentences:

                Katie looked around the country kitchen and saw jars of homemade preserves, fruit, and beans in the glass-faced cupboards.  She stood just inside the door of the kitchen and the woman went into action the moment her husband disappeared.  It was like a dance these two were doing.  The husband seemed to anticipate the wife’s needs and, once she appeared, disappeared in order for her to take over the elaborate choreography. 

1 comment:

  1. good luck. when it's all said and done you'll have more than a word count to look at. sounds like you're learning a ton about process, too!

    ReplyDelete