Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaNoWriMo - Day Two

It's 6:36 in the morning and I've already gotten so much done today.  I went to bed early last night in preparation for today.  I didn't have lesson plans prepared and I knew I was going to have to give some time this morning to the writing. 

I got the lesson plans done in about 20 minutes, which was refreshing, and was soon moving on to my own creative work.  I don't work from outlines too much.  I had one for my earlier novel idea, but it has since gotten scrapped as being too ambitious.  I've got a new idea now and I haven't gone about outlining yet (maybe something I'll do later today), but I think I've found my new beginning and a new emotional core for my protagonist, John.  I've also got a character I think is fantastic in John's friend Willy.  I'm starting to feel these guys a little more.  I've dedicated a lot of time thinking about them in the last...year?  Has that been how long I've been stewing about this?  Yikes.  I'm glad NaNoWriMo is here and I'm a part of it because I need some help with the forward momentum of this project.

Word Count: 1,147
Total Word Count: 2595
Sample Sentence/s:

John eventually turned into a gravel pullout alongside the river.  The current had cut into the landscape and it was a rocky downhill climb to the river.  These weren’t Willy’s favorite fishing holes.  He preferred finding places where you could simply take a couple of steps from the rig and be ankle deep in river water, but he wasn’t about to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment