Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nanowrimo - Day Four (Compromises)

I knew Nanowrimo was going to ask me to make compromises throughout the month of November.  I was going to say no to friends.  I was going to excuse myself from my family.  It was going to take longer to grade.  I was going to have less time for my students.

Well, the last two caught up to me yesterday and I wasn't able to get all my words in.  I fell 457 words short.  It is amazing how disappointed I feel.  I've really been enjoying the pressure of my "deadline" and I don't like feeling like things aren't happening.  Oh well, back in to the writing chair I go.  I have some work to catch up on.

***Update*** Caught up on my word count by 8 a.m.  Now I can focus on my quota for today.
Word Count: 1210 - Revised Word Count: 1725
Total Word Count: 7062 - Revised Total Word Count: 7577
Sample Sentence/Sentences (Character defining moment for Willy?  What is that awkwardness?):
                “Oh, he better not go fishing without me.”  Willy ventured a chuckle, but it sounded tinny and hollow.
                “He wouldn’t.  He loves you, you know.”
                “I know.  I love him too.”  Something about the admission made Willy feel uncomfortable.  He knew he was only trying to comfort Marilyn, but the words felt too resonant in his mouth and he quickly buried his hands in his pockets.  “Well, I should head home.  John said I could take the Jeep.  I’ll pick him up tomorrow.  He should probably rest tonight and make sure he doesn’t catch a cold.”

No comments:

Post a Comment