Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) - Day One

I've found an hour to write this morning on the first day of Nanowrimo.  I'm in my office at Pacific University and this first day was terribly awkward, but productive.  I can tell I'm rusty and most of the prose I'm writing is introspective and not quite grounded in the physical, but it's words on the page and I'm grateful for it.

At my friend KS's suggestion, I am going to post my word counts for my writing sessions and a sentence that comes from what I've written.  I figure this will keep me accountable to a broader audience than simply myself.

So, this morning produced:

Word count: 1,446
Example sentence:

The cornstalks and pumpkins had been an afterthought, and an additional expense, but he thought the decorations would cover up the fact that the house was empty of the older generation. 

1 comment: