Monday, November 14, 2011

Nanowrimo - Day Fourteen (Still Spinning the Wheels)

It's not flowing.  I'm typing.  I'm getting my word counts down for the day, but it really isn't flowing.  You'll be able to see from the awkward sample sentences I give today. 

I'm committed.  I'm seeing this thing through, but I definitely have a case of the "Mondays" (Cultural reference to the movie "Office Space" if you didn't know).  Things are moving forward, but I'm not feeling the passion and the exuberance that was the river scene. 

I'm getting to know John better.  He's the main character of the three, so that's good.  He's an aimless little bastard right now and I kind of want to wring his neck, but he's close to something.  He's getting it figured out, but everyone in his life wants something else from him.  It's going to be a long journey for this guy.

Word count: 1798
Total Word Count: 23,617 (Halfway point tomorrow!)
Sample Sentence/Sentences (Dear Lord, please forgive me for posting pieces of my first draft!):


                It wasn’t the flag.  It wasn’t the citizens’ lip service.  It wasn’t even the bandwagoning that drove him crazy.  It was that people spoke with such conviction about what was going on and he knew they didn’t have any more information than he did.  How could they tell what was right?  The war felt good, sure, but was it right?  John didn’t know.  Didn’t know if he’d ever be able to figure it out, but, for now, he had a pack of cigarettes in his pocket, a long walk home, and a partly cloudy sky that occasionally opened up into swaths of stars guiding him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment